Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks
The kitchen idea that creates your unique conversation piece!
Designing a new kitchen? Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks are custom designed with you to create a unique and relevant conversation piece. You can have real textures, metallic and iridescent light effects, charcoal marks, even the glimmer of gold and silver leaf to add glamour and become your kitchen’s defining statement.
Lightfast, heat, water, mould, mildew, dust and pest resistant, your handpainted Real Art Kitchen Splashback by Customised Artwork Specialist, Sharron Tancred will unite your kitchen finishes, add value to your home and create your ultimate style statement!
Splashbacks under 200mm from the closest gas burner require 5mm toughened lo-iron Glass and we supply HIA | QBCC approved instructions for your installer of choice! For Electric Hotplates less than 200mm away, please refer to the manufacturer’s installation specifications.
Majority of the kitchen photos are by Craftbuilt Kitchens. Artworks are serving suggestions. All specifications QBCC Standards checked.
Splashback artworks are accurately quoted on thumbnail design long distance or at Planning Session. Call us for artwork, glass and installation estimates.
1. Design- make it relevant to you!
- Together we will design to your personality and according to the rules of interior design
- Our quote will include artwork production. All other costs are via the contractor for insurance purposes
- If you are happy, pay 50% deposit for your artwork and book our recommended glass splashback supplier and installer or your contractor/builder
Note: Ensure your installer is QBCC Licensed and obtains Warranty Insurance on jobs over $3300 inclusive of art and any glass
Special effects available:
- Charcoal textures· Natural salt, mica or non-abrasive to glass textures
- Metallics effects unite your kitchen finishes:
I. Black/White Iron and Rust effects
ii. Copper and patina effects
iii. Bronze and Verdigris effects
iv. Gold and silver leaf available·
- Iridescent pearl or coloured pigments add dreamy glamour
2. Splashback specifications for designing your kitchen
- Maximum size of artwork in one piece is 3M x 1.2M of BCG Durasheet or HardieFlex Fibre Cement Board, both available from Bunnings and to be cut by your preferred installer or your contractor to fit your cabinetry
A) Smaller board sizes are available (see above links)
B) 3-6M splashbacks use 2 boards | 6-9M use 3 boards | 9-12M use 4 boards.
C) Use the crisp factory cut edges to join seams and position them to line up with your cabinetry or at 1/3rd intervals; match any glass to seams
- Plan exact power point location to sit above any glass
3. Choosing board thickness and safety requirements
- If combustible wall and nearest gas burner perimeter:
A) exceeds 200mm, no glass is required. Plan for 6.5mm total thickness: 2mm tape + purchase 4.5mm thick board
B) is under 200ml, glass is required. Plan for 14.5mm total thickness: tape and purchase 6mm thick board x min 150mm high, silicon, use 5-6mm thick glass Read More.
C) For Electric Hotplates less than 200mm away, please refer to the manufacturer’s installation specifications to see if glass is required
D) If glass is required, trim board to 5mm less than the glass perimeter to hide boards’ edges
- You may plan your splashback installation before cabinetry for a seamless option, or after
4. Artwork Process
- After your kitchen structure is built, the contractor brings the board to check measure, confirm his quote and trim the board/s to the exact finished size, with powerpoints, and then delivers to Tailored Artworks studio for painting.
- Deliver the boards to us, marked on the front, left to right 1,2,3 etc and arrow up. We will advise timeframe.
Note: For long distance jobs, please supply specs to us and your artwork will be shipped to you allowing for trimming by your contractor
- The artwork proceeds through our 5 point approvals process until final payment and is then delivered to your contractor
5. Installation Instructions with glass:
- 1. The contractor applies a 10-15mm metallic/plain glass paint border to conceal the artworks edges and add a decorative finish. Paint pull downs available. Colour selected at Planning Session
- 2. Art is installed with double-sided tape
- 3. Art and glass are suspended on blocks and fully siliconed for dust, mould, mildew and pest etc resistance
- 4. Installer leaves to set and may later return to finalise the job
TAILORED ARTWORKS GUARANTEE FOR SPLASHBACKS
Up until installation, your Real Art Kitchen Splashback is guaranteed to match your décor and be loved or we will amend it at no extra charge to you. According to the Housing Industry Association (HIA) this far exceeds what is legally required.
Tailored Artworks Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks are HIA and QBCC (Queensland, Australia) Legislative Compliance Approved. This is a guide only. Final details to be determined by your contractor or our preferred installer.
All paints and special effects are heat resistant up to 80 Degrees Celsius and are UV lightfast.
Tailored Artworks Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks have taken months of research, technical checking and planning. Not all processes are outlined here to protect our intellectual property. All copyrights reserved (C) 2017